As infection rates of the Omicron COVID-19 variant rise across the UK, the Government has…
Businesses in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, personal care and accommodation sectors can now access one-off cash grants of up to £18,000 from their local council.
The Restart Grant scheme opened nationally on 1 April 2021 and is now being rolled out by local authorities across England.
Eligible businesses will be paid:
- a one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- a one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors.
Your business may be eligible if you are:
- Based in England
- Pay business rates
- In the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- Trading on 1 April 2021 (this includes businesses currently closed due to restrictions).
However, you may not be eligible if your business:
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- Has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
It is down to each local councils’ discretion, as to whether a business meets the eligibility criteria for this grant scheme.
To apply you will need to find your relevant local authority by clicking here.
If you need assistance with claiming this grant or you are unsure of your eligibility, please speak to our team.